sugar crystalized flower recipe ♡✿
sugar and water version (no egg-whites):
- edible flowers, organic so not treated with chemicals
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract or 1 tsp rosewater
- fine sugar (to sprinkle on the flowers)
- heat the sugar and water until the sugar is completely dissolved. add the extract or rose water at the time when you are dissolving the sugar.
- dip each flower by their stems in liquid sugar mixture with a pair of tweezers. set on wax paper and dust with extra-fine sugar. make sure that each flower is well covered in sugar.
- remove the stems. using fine scissors, snip the stems of the flowers off.
- move the flowers on wax paper to a cool and dry place without sunlight, to set and dry.
to be used as a dessert garnish, like on a beautiful cake ^ ^