Why is it accepted that some people who eat a ton of food can stay thin, but not accepted that some people who eat a small amount of food can be fat?
Since thin people get diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure, why is becoming thin suggested as a cure?
Why bother using BMI as a substitute for metabolic health measures when we can easily test metabolic health measures?
Doctors treat thin people for joint pain with options other than weight loss, why don’t they give fat people those same treatments?
Why do we believe that doing unhealthy things (liquid diet, smoking, urine injections coupled with starvation, stomach amputation) will lead to a healthy body?
If the diet industry’s product actually “cured fatness”, wouldn’t their profits be going down instead of up as more and more people were permanently thin?
Isn’t it medically unethical to prescribe something without telling your patients that it works less than 5% of the time with a much greater chance at leaving you heavier and less healthy than when you started?
Why do people continue to think that shaming people will lead them to health?
Why do we accept wide variations in things like foot and hand size, nose and lip shape etc. but expect every body to fit into a very narrow proportion of height and weight?
If weight gain isn’t proven to cause diabetes, high blood pressure etc., why would weight loss be recommended as a cure?
Since weight loss ads have to carry a “results not typical” warning, shouldn’t doctors have to give patients a similar warning?
Why do people take the time to come to my blog and make death threats?
Does anyone really succeed at hating themselves healthy? If so is it worth it?
If we’ve been prescribing dieting since the 1800s and still can’t prove that it works, shouldn’t we be trying something else?
How is it possible that suggesting that healthy habits are the best chance for a healthy body is controversial?"
- fatgrrrlselfies reblogged this from bfdcollective
- fatgrrrlselfies likes this
- fearlessguster reblogged this from iturnedyouintome
- iturnedyouintome reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- angelsfuckanddevilskiss likes this
- paperbackplayground likes this
- liberalevolution reblogged this from spookyookykitty
- spookyookykitty reblogged this from sugarharlot
- spookyookykitty likes this
- sugarharlot reblogged this from kaelahbee
- setmefreetothesun likes this
- mediocredetective likes this
- ptsdean reblogged this from cryingjessepinkman
- bluntly-faded likes this
- dalepalante reblogged this from yesixicana
- dalepalante likes this
- texmexqwoc likes this
- yesixicana reblogged this from fatgirlsguide
- queerfemmeweirdo reblogged this from fatsmartandpretty
- ketamine-white likes this
- yesixicana likes this
- queerfemmeweirdo likes this
- ihasapolitics reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- keepsexsexy reblogged this from notcayenne
- evvva reblogged this from fatgirlsguide
- kenzie-neverland reblogged this from fatgirlsguide
- cupcakes4fashion reblogged this from fatgirlsguide
- amymurlowski reblogged this from riotsnotdiets
- hirschers likes this
- tweezing reblogged this from baby-femmes
- saygoodbyetothelittlegirltree likes this
- summerinsides likes this
- summerinsides reblogged this from spookymespookyyou
- solemntree reblogged this from spookymespookyyou
- spookymespookyyou reblogged this from dancing-painted-bears
- dancing-painted-bears likes this
- dancing-painted-bears reblogged this from milkalind
- bumsquash likes this
- bilt2tumble reblogged this from badfatty
- dashdotdashbackslash reblogged this from misandryspice
- existential-insanity reblogged this from thegoodgrammarian
- everythingbutmymemories reblogged this from badfatty
- musingsfromthesoapbox likes this
- badfatty reblogged this from emushapedcupcake
- bloodyfangirl reblogged this from misandryspice
- runawaystarling likes this
- misandryspice reblogged this from ann--bittersuesz
- on-an-adventure reblogged this from thatgeekichick
- thatgeekichick reblogged this from beautyofthesoft